Feb 24 2016 - 2:05pm
- 2 eggs
1/2 serving (scoop) vanilla protein powder (about 1 ounce; I used pea protein)
2 cups vanilla soy milk (can substitute regular milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup grapes, pureed
1 cup uncooked pearl barley
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
Source: Calorie Count 
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 7-by-11-inch baking dish (an 8-by-8 works too).
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the protein powder, soy milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and pureed grapes. Stir in the barley.
- Pour mixture into greased pan. Sprinkle blueberries on top, and mix gently to submerge some of the fruit.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the casserole is mostly set. Turn off the oven, and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, then cover and refrigerate. In the morning, cut a square, microwave it on a plate, and enjoy alone or with a few dollops of Greek yogurt.
- 6 servings
- Cook Time
- 1 hour 20 mins
- Calories per serving