Need a sweet but healthy treat to start off your weekend? This baked coconut cream French toast that reader be-healthful posted in the Healthy Recipe community group may be just what you need. And it can be made to suit gluten-free diets!
- * 2 whole eggs
* 1/4 cup light coconut milk
* 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon + more for sprinkling
* pinch ground stevia leaf
* 2 slices of bread – I used Udi’s gluten-free bread
* 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish combine eggs, coconut milk, cinnamon, and stevia. Whip with a fork until fully combined.
- Dunk 1 slice of bread in the mixture, place on the prepared cookie sheet, top with half of the shredded coconut and sprinkle with cinnamon. Repeat for the second slice.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until egg has set.
- Remove from oven and serve with toppings.
Makes 2 slices of French toast or 2 servings.
Nutrition stats [1 slice]: calories 249; fat 16g; carbohydrates 20g; dietary fiber 3.4g; sugars 6.5g; protein 11g
- Breakfast/Brunch, French Toast
Got a similarly delicious recipe? Head on over to the Healthy Recipe community group and share one of your own.
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.