If you're in the mood for something hearty this weekend, try this gluten-free, vegan zucchini lasagna that FitSugar reader prepel posted in our Healthy Recipe group.
A healthy and easy dinner for people suffering from food intolerances.
Find the full recipe after the break.
- 1 zucchini, cut in half and then cut into longer strips lengthwise (total 10 strips)
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup water + 1/2 vegetable cube (or broth)
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup tomato sauce (pureed tomatoes, no other ingredients)
~ 3/4 cup marinara sauce (I'll post recipe for homemade soon)
~ 1 tsp dried parsley
Optional: grated extra-firm tofu
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut zucchini and sprinkle with salt. Place under paper towels and let sit until you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small sauce pan bring water and cube to a boil. Add quinoa, onion, and tomato sauce and cook thoroughly until quinoa has absorbed water. Add dried parsley and mix well. Remove from heat.
- In a small baking dish layer lasagna in this order:
Marinara sauce (enough to cover the bottom of dish)
5 zucchini strips
Quinoa mixture (enough to cover zucchini)
- Spread 2 tablespoons marinara across the middle and sprinkle with grated tofu.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Main Dishes
Happy cooking! Post your own recipes in our Healthy Recipe group and we may feature you on our homepage!
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.