Everyone has suffered from sore or painful feet. Whether you've been standing all day working, or you're feeling it after a long run, here are some ways to get relief.
- Soak your feet. Fill a big bucket with hot water, sit in your favorite chair, relax with a good book, and let the heat ease your pain.
- Massage. Rub your feet, shins, and calves with moisturizing lotion. This will bring nourishing blood to the achy area, which helps ease pain. Or place a tennis ball under the arch of your foot. Move your foot up and down as you apply gentle downward pressure. As the ball rolls, it'll massage your feet for you.
- Use arnica. It's a homeopathic remedy that can greatly reduce pain and inflammation. It comes in a topical cream, so rub it on your feet to relieve soreness and discomfort.
- Stretch your feet. Do this foot stretch to stretch the soles of your feet, and do Kneeling Shin Stretch or Sleeping Hero to stretch the tops.
- Ice and elevate them. If your feet are swollen or in pain, place a bag of ice or cold pack in a big sock and then slip the sock on. Ice for no more than 20 minutes.
If you have any other remedies for sore or achy feet, please share them below.