FitSugar reader eatingbirdfood has a beautiful blackberry smoothie recipe with just a few simple ingredients. She shared it in our Healthy Recipe group.
There's no need for protein powder in this smoothie recipe as you'll get plenty of protein from the Greek yogurt!
Read the recipe after the break!
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 6-ounce container of plain nonfat/low-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 cubes of ice
- 1/2–3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or other type of milk, if needed
- A few drops of liquid stevia or other natural sweetener, to taste
- Place blackberries, banana, yogurt, ice cubes, and 1/4 cup milk in blender and blend until fruit is pureed and ingredients are well combined.
- Add stevia to sweeten and add more milk to get the desired thickness (if necessary).
- Drinks, Smoothies
Share your own recipes in our Healthy Recipe group, and we might feature you on our homepage!
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.