From the sweat to the flyaways, having good hair at the gym can feel impossible. Rather than using your locks as an excuse to skip the gym altogether, grab the right accessories or rethink your 'do for your next workout. Aside from locker-room hair care, here are five effortless ways you can tame your mane in minutes!
- Be bold with a bandanna: Bandannas are a great gym hair accessory; just ask Halle Berry! Not only are they affordable, but they can also be styled in a variety of ways. Keep it simple by wrapping it around your forehead, or use these tips for locker-room inspiration.
- Bring on the braids: Braids are a fuss-free solution for having to constantly fix and tighten your ponytail. Try a variety of braiding styles to switch up your look, or let your braid out for wavy locks when your workout is complete.
- Rock a headband: Handle unruly hair with a headband. Headbands are a fun accessory that help prevent bangs and sweat from being a distraction. This Lucy endurance headband ($10) is reversible, and this Under Armour workout headband ($15) ensures a tight fit.
- Tie a topknot: Follow a dancer's lead and rock the topknot. Not only is this look glamorous enough for the red carpet , but it will also stay put during your run. A simple twist does the trick; this tutorial will teach you how.
- Embrace the hat hair: If you work out outdoors, the solution is simple — add a hat! A standard baseball cap will keep your hair out of the way and protect you from the sun, while running beanies are perfect for the Winter months. If you're heading to work after the gym, complete your outfit by accessorizing with a stylish hat.