I'm sure you can agree that after a romp in the sheets, you always feel happier and more relaxed. Aside from those emotional benefits, check out WebMD's list of 10 health benefits of sex.
- Relieves Stress: The calming effect of sex has a positive impact on your blood pressure.
- Boosts Immunity: Did you know that having sex once or twice a week has been shown to increase the levels of the antibody immunoglobulin A (IgA). This is responsible for helping you fight against infections such as colds.
- Burns Calories: A half hour of sex burns 85 calories. That beats going to the gym, huh?
- Improves Cardiovascular Health: For guys, having sex two or more times a week reduces their risk of a fatal heart attack.
- Boosts Self-Esteem: Having sex makes people feel better about themselves. If a person already has a good self-esteem, having sex raises it even more.
Want to see the rest? Then read more.
- Improves Intimacy: When you have sex, the level of the love hormone in your body known as oxytocin increases. This hormone has been linked with the need to nurture, bond, and be generous.
- Reduces Pain: With the heightened level of oxytocin, endorphins are released which help relieve pain from headaches, arthritis, and also PMS symptoms.
- Reduces Prostate Cancer Risk: Guys who have frequent ejaculations (five or more a week) when they're in the 20s reduce their future risk of prostate cancer by one third.
- Strengthens Pelvic Floor Muscles: When women perform pelvic floor exercises known as Kegels during sex, they enjoy more pleasure, but they also reduce their risk for incontinence later in life.
- Sex Helps You Sleep Better: Thanks to that oxytocin, aside from relieving pain, it also helps you have a good night's sleep.
With all those reasons, I say go ahead and get physical!