The following post was written by Lindsey Joe , who blogs at Handmade Healthy  and is part of POPSUGAR Select Fitness .
Summer is officially here, but it isn't quite summertime until you've been to a backyard BBQ or two! And while the typical BBQ spread is supertasty, they're not always wonderful on the waistline. Enjoy a better BBQ this year by trying out my healthier BBQ nacho bites, my absolute favorite way to enjoy pulled pork. This recipe features boneless pork loin, which is a leaner, lower-fat cut of pork.
- Slow cooker
- Baking sheet
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, trimmed of all fat
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium BBQ dry rub (plus some for seasoning your nachos)
- BBQ sauce of your choice
- Whole-grain tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese
- 2 green onions, diced
- Jalapeño slices, optional
- Nonfat Greek yogurt, optional
- Place the sliced onions at the bottom of your crockpot followed by the boneless pork loin.
- Add the red wine vinegar and low-sodium BBQ dry rub to your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook the pork on high for 2 hours, then on low for an additional 5 hours (until the pork shreds easily with a fork).
- Add your desired amount of BBQ sauce to the pulled pork.
- On a baking sheet, start assembling your nacho bites! Start with the whole-grain tortilla chips, then pulled pork, shredded cheese, and green onions, if desired.
- Sprinkle a bit of low-sodium BBQ dry rub on your assembled nacho bites.
- Broil the nacho bites until the shredded cheese has melted.
- Serve your nacho bites with any desired toppings, and enjoy!