I wholeheartedly believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I love an egg or two in the morning, but am often pressed for time. These mini frittatas save the day, literally. When my day begins with protein, I seem to be much happier. This recipe is super simple and the end product is tasty.
To see the recipe, just
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbs low fat milk
- 3/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1 package of chopped frozen spinach
- 5 ounces cup soft goat cheese (chevre)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Microwave spinach on high for two minutes. Wring with hands to drain excess liquid.
- Beat eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Mix in goat cheese.
- Add veggies and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour muffin tins coated with canola cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or until firm and just golden on top.
- Once cooled, you can store the frittatas in the fridge. To warm you can microwave for 20 to 40 seconds to reheat, or pop them in a toaster oven for about a minute.
Makes 9 mini frittatas
This is the basic recipe, but feel free to change the veggies and cheese.