The easiest method of cooking is to simply roast them. In the past, you may have cooked up your sprouts with bacon or pancetta, but adding walnuts instead offers a similar depth of flavor while providing a boost of healthy fat not found in those meaty options. Keep reading for the crowd-pleasing healthy recipe.
1 stalk of brussels sprouts (or about two pounds of sprouts)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesean cheese
Kosher salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Remove brussels sprouts off the stem, wash well, and rip off outside leaves. Cut each sprout in half.
- Place brussels sprouts in roasting pan, and coat evenly with olive oil and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stirring brussels sprouts occasionally.
- Once 20 minutes has passed, add the chopped walnuts to the roasting pan, and cook for an additional five minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
- Side Dishes