The following post was written by Olympic athlete and mom Kerri Walsh, two-time gold medalist in pairs beach volleyball.
With the holidays fast approaching, so many of us are looking for ways to win the battle of the bulge! For me, it’s all about preparing for battle. Here are some natural ways to increase your metabolism, which not only helps you to look and feel better, but it’ll help you to actually win, not just the battle of the bulge but the war as well.
- Never, ever skip breakfast. Start your day off with some protein.
- Eat five to six small meals a day in lieu of three large meals a day.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Exercise daily: run, walk, play games.
Also add the foods below to your diet:
- Fiber-rich foods such as oatmeal, whole grains, beans, fruits and veggies
- Foods rich in vitamin B: lean meats, potatoes, yogurt, poultry, legumes
- Foods rich in vitamin C: berries, tomatoes, red/green peppers, apples, oranges, broccoli, dark leafy veggies
Take control of the situation and do your best to raise your metabolism (naturally!) so that you’ll feel great going into the holiday season. Raise that metabolism and then indulge — life is too short not to!
Be sure to catch up and read all of Kerri's great posts on FitSugar!