With the latest study claiming fast food is as addictive as drugs, breaking your Mickey D's habit cold turkey may be a bit daunting. Luckily, there are some healthy, or healthier, options at your fave fast food joints that can help you stay on track, even when you (accidentally) find yourself in the drive-through line.
Here are eight of our picks:
- McDonald's — The Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken, sans the dressing, has 220 calories, 6 grams of fat, and 890 milligrams of sodium.
- Burger King — BK's Spicy Chick'n Crisp Sandwich has 290 calories, 12 grams of fat, and 670 milligrams of sodium.
- Taco Bell — One Crunchy, Fresco Style Taco has 150 calories, 8 grams of fat, and 370 milligrams of sodium.
To see the final five healthier choices,
- Panda Express — Without rice, the Mushroom Chicken has 150 calories, 7 grams of fat, and 600 milligrams of sodium.
- Arby's — The Market Fresh, Chopped Farmhouse Grilled Chicken Salad, no dressing, has 260 calories, 14 grams of fat, and 770 milligrams of sodium.
- In-N-Out Burger — Go without the "spread" on the Hamburger with Onion and you'll be at 240 calories, 17 grams of fat, and 370 milligrams of sodium.
- Wendy's — If you don't go for a salad, try the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, which is 310 calories, 16 grams of fat, and 670 milligrams of sodium.
- El Pollo Loco — Top the Garden Salad with the skinless Flame-Grilled Chicken Breast for a total of 251 calories, 7 grams of fat, and 737 milligrams of sodium.