Forget the tie this Father's Day. How about getting your dad something that will encourage a long, healthy life? Here are some healthy gift ideas:
- A massage to relieve stress and ease sore muscles, especially if dad has chronic pain.
- 1 year subscription to Men's Health magazine
- Dark chocolate golf balls (Set of 3 for $6.00) - remember dark chocolate is good for us!
- A bottle of red wine - full of healthy antioxidants that fight disease.
- A Grill Basket, also called a Wok Topper ($24.99), so he can cook up some healthy veggies instead of a steak every time he BBQs.
- Home visit from a Personal Trainer - The trainer can come to your dad's home and show him exercises and routines to help him reach his health and fitness goals. You can get 1 session or a few, depending on your budget.
- Surprise your dad and plan a day hike, long bike ride, a doubles tennis match against your mom and sibling, a fun run, an afternoon of golf, or whatever sport or exercise your dad is into. It's great to support and encourage each other to be active.
You have only a few more days to buy a gift - Father's Day is Sunday, June 17th.