At my house, kabobs are our staple BBQ item to cook during the summertime! They're easy to make and yummy, but they're generally very diet-friendly as well! And, let's be honest, who doesn't love firing up the grill?
Here's a fantastic recipe with a dash of Hawaii to get your mouth watering!
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into cubes
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into cubes
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped into cubes
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Marinate the chicken cubes in the pineapple juice with Worcestershire sauce overnight for at least 7 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat the grill (you can also bake them in the oven at 375°F for 20 minutes).
- While the grill is heating up, grab your skewers and start assembling the chicken, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, onion, and pineapple. There is no particular order in which they should go so get creative!
- Mix garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Lay the skewers on a platter and sprinkle the seasoning on each skewer.
- When ready, place each skewer on the grill, turning every 5 minutes until fully cooked. The cooking time on the grill is usually 15 minutes.
- When finished cooking, take skewers off of the grill and set aside to let cool.
- Serve with brown rice and fresh vegetables!