It's easy to grab an apple and some cheese, or a banana and a handful of nuts, but fruit isn't the only food on the snack menu. Veggies make tasty and satisfying bites as well. Need some new ideas? Besides the old carrots with hummus standby, here are some delicious veggie-inspired snacks, all for around or under 150 calories. And if you're into healthy eating, be sure to enter to win a year's supply of KIND bars and a food processor by Magimix.
- One slice of whole wheat bread (100 calories), smeared with one tablespoon whipped cream cheese (35 calories), topped with four slices of cucumber (11 calories): 146 calories
- Baked sweet potato fries made with one small sweet potato (112 calories) and one teaspoon olive oil (39 calories): 151 calories
Continue reading for more veggie-inspired snack ideas.
- Two large carrots, steamed (60 calories), drizzled with one tablespoon honey (64 calories), and sprinkled with one teaspoon cinnamon (six calories): 130 calories
- Two medium celery stalks (11 calories), smeared with one tablespoon almond butter (101 calories), topped with two chopped dried apricots (33 calories): 145 calories
- One cup of edamame (in pods): 150 calories
- Half a cup of sliced cucumbers (eight calories) and one cup cherry tomatoes (27 calories) with 1/4 cup nonfat yogurt dill dip (40 calories): 75 calories
- One small tomato cut into slices (16 calories), smeared with one tablespoon pesto (48 calories), topped with one ounce melted mozzarella cheese (80 calories): 144 calories
- Half-cup serving of chickpea, carrot, and currant salad: 92 calories
Source: Flickr User hlkljgk