If you ever find yourself craving Taco Bell's Mexican pizza but want to spare yourself from mystery ingredients, get excited! You can make the same dish at home minus the calories, sodium, and saturated fat. What's even better is that this recipe makes up 12 minipizzas, making it the perfect appetizer for your next party or a great way to help control portions.
- 3 to 4 large whole-wheat tortillas, or enough to cut out 12 small circles
- 1 cup lean ground turkey, cooked (or meat of your choice)
- 1/2 cup salsa of choice
- 2 teaspoons dry taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup low-fat refried beans
- 1/2 cup low-fat shredded Mexican blend or 2 percent cheddar cheese
- Optional Toppings: sliced black olives, shredded lettuce, low-fat sour cream, chopped tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Spray a 12-count muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Start by laying each tortilla out individually on a flat surface, and use an empty can, glass cup, or cookie cutter to cut 3 to 4 medium circles out of each wrap.
- Press each wrap circle into muffin tin using your fingers.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the ground meat, salsa, taco seasoning, and refried beans. Stir until well combined.
- Scoop 1/8 cup of the meat mixture into each tortilla cup.
- Top each serving with shredded cheese and olives, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Wait for the the minipizzas to cool and remove from the muffin tin using a fork or knife. The pizzas should pop out with ease! Serve with a side of salsa, low-fat sour cream, chopped tomatoes, and/or shredded lettuce, if desired!
- Appetizers, Finger Foods
- 12 servings