Cacao nibs and fresh mint leaves are blended together with nondairy vanilla ice cream to create a healthy twist to a classic favorite. This shake doesn't contain dairy and sugar (if you pick sugar-free ice cream like coconut-milk-based So Delicious), yet it's creamy and subtly sweet with a little bit of crunch from the raw cacao nibs. This shake makes a delicious dessert, or you can blend in a scoop of your favorite plant-based protein powder to make a great recovery snack after working out.
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy-free vanilla ice cream (like So Delicious)
- 1 handful mint leaves (stems OK)
- 2 teaspoons or half a packet of Green Vibrance green food supplement (optional)
- 3 large ice cubes
- 1/2 cup or more unsweetened almond milk
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth. Thin out with more almond milk if needed.
- Drinks, Shakes