Keep reading for this perfect party recipe.
For the chips:
3 large russet potatoes, sliced into 1/8-inch thick rounds
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
Kosher salt to taste
For the dip:
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small onion, minced
2 scallions, thinly sliced with greens and whites separated
1 1/4 cups nonfat Greek yogurt
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss sliced potatoes in a large bowl with the olive oil and pepper until well-coated. Arrange potato slices in one layer on two cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until chips are crisp and lightly browned. Remove from oven, season with salt, and cool.
- To make the dip, heat oil over medium heat and add onions and scallion whites. Cook, stirring often, until golden brown and soft, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Combine onions with Greek yogurt, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and scallion greens. Stir well to incorporate.
- Chill for one hour to let flavors meld. Serve with chips.
Makes 6 servings.
- Appetizers, Dips