2 heaping tbsp raisins (25 g)
3 prunes, chopped (25 g)
2 dates, pitted and chopped (25 g)
4 Cal figs, chopped (65 g)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp honey
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1/8 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
1-1/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat the inside of a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Add the raisins, and the chopped prunes, dates, and figs to your food processor, along with the pumpkin, vanilla extract, honey, buttermilk, and egg and blend until smooth. Pour into a medium size bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wheat flour, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, and baking soda.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, and fold together. Mix only until it is incorporated, so that you don’t over mix.
- Transfer the mixture to your bread pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the loaf.
- Cool on a baking rack and store covered (in the frig).
- No-Knead, Breads