The following post was written by New York-based trainer David Kirsch.Hitting the road this holiday? Don’t let travel take a toll on your waistline. While this time of feasting, excessive sitting and under-exercising could be a recipe for serious weight gain, it doesn’t have to be! Follow me as I show you how to get there and back feeling healthier than ever.
First you need to learn how to pack your bag. The goal is to avoid succumbing to that 500-calorie muffin or wasting even more calories on forbidden fast food. There will be lots of temptations during your upcoming travel but take my advice and you won’t have to worry about poundage.
- Preempt nervous noshing or being trapped in your parents' processed food palace by prepacking your bags with energizing and immune-boosting snacks.
- Raw almonds or sunflower seeds for a good dose of vitamin E
- Broccoli and hummus
- Dark fruits, berries, or citrus
- Greek yogurt — a great source of probiotics and vitamin E
- Your favorite tea or water boosters — anything that will motivate you to stay hydrated. I pack my Vitamin Mineral Powder and supplements in my Wellness Survival Kit.
- Immune-boosting vitamins. You may or may not be taking these but studies show that probiotics, omega-3, and a multivitamins can be powerful wellness boosters. When I’m traveling, I don’t leave without these or my B-12 Spray.
- Sneakers and workout wear
- Hand sanitizer
For more tips, recipes, and workouts, be sure to check out all of David's posts here on FitSugar.