Bake time: 30 minutes, oven preheated to 325°
Serves: varies, but bakes in a 3-quart (9×13) glass baking dish
Ingredients (Part One)
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chopped raw yellow squash
- 2 cups steamed cauliflower
- 2 handfuls arugula (or spinach)
Directions for quinoa
- To cook quinoa, bring 4 cups water to a boil.
- Then add in 2 cups dry quinoa and bring back to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or till water is gone.
Read on for the rest of the recipe (including ingredients for the "cheesy" sauce).
Ingredients (Part Two)
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 yellow squash
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Place all ingredients into blender and blend till smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Once quinoa is done and sauce is made, grab a large bowl and pour your cooked quinoa into bowl followed by "cheesy" sauce.
- Next, add in your vegetables (can use any vegetables).
- Once you have everything all mixed around, pour into 3-quart (9×13) glass pan.
- Place in preheated oven at 325° and bake for 30 minutes or till quinoa casserole is golden brown.
For more pictures of us making this recipe click here.
Thanks Lori and Michelle, pure2raw twins
Share your own recipes in our Healthy Recipe group and we might feature yours on our homepage!