While the idea of zucchini bread may sound healthy, don't be fooled! Most are loaded with sugar and butter, which means they're also loaded with calories — we're talking 340 per slice!
Naturally sweetened with ripe banana, this recipe is also vegan, which cuts back on fat and cholesterol but doesn't compromise on flavor. You'll notice that the amount of zucchini in this bread may be more than a typical recipe, but it makes a healthier dessert that's slightly dense, deliciously moist, and full of fiber. Best of all, it's only 226 calories per slice!
3 cups white whole-wheat flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 1/2 cups shredded raw zucchini (one large)
3/4 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Mix all the dry ingredients — flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon — in a small bowl and set aside.
- Using a fork, mash the banana in a large bowl until smooth. Add the shredded zucchini, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix well.
- Divide the batter evenly into the two pans and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Source: Calorie Count
- Desserts, Cake
- 2 loaves
- Cook Time
- 90 minutes
- Calories per serving