There are many reasons to add hill work to your running routine, and a tighter, firmer butt and toned gams are just two of them. Running on hills also helps challenge your muscles to increase your endurance and build speed, making you a better runner (and a pro at tackling those flat roads). In other words, seek out those hills; don't avoid them. Here are six ways to do just that.
- Hill repeats: This hill repeats workout will burn hundreds of calories in just 40 minutes.
- 400-calorie burn: Want to up your calorie-burning potential? This 40-minute hill interval workout blasts through over 400 calories.
- Rolling hills: For something a little less intense, try this lower-incline rolling hills workout. You'll power through different treadmill inclines at a steady pace.
- Butt-toning: This solid 45-minute hilly treadmill workout will keep muscles guessing — and you sweating. This workout is perfect if you are looking for ways to lift and tone your backside.
- Treadmill hike: Wanna kick butt on your next hike? Do some treadmill training with this hilly hike workout. Your next outdoor adventure will be a breeze.
- Quick workout: Don't have a lot of time? This 20-minute treadmill workout features constantly changing inclines so you won't be bored.