Ski season is rapidly approaching and with it means sore quads. That is if you don't do any preseason conditioning. I would start with the simple assessment of the your quad endurance, which is also a great exercise to add into your routine.
Wall Sit Test
Assesses: Quad strength and endurance
- Place your back against the wall, and walk your feet out and away from the wall about 3 ft.
- Bend your knees allowing your back to slide down the wall.
- Bend both your hips and knees to 90 degrees and adjust your feet as needed. Imagine you are sitting in an invisible chair.
- Start your stop watch now and see how long you can hold the position. Don't forget to breathe!
To see what your results mean
- 76 seconds or more = very good
- 58-75 seconds = average
- 57-30 seconds = below average
- 30 seconds or less = poor
Interested in more at home fitness tests? Then check out these assessments you can do in the comfort and privacy of you own home.