We all know olive oil is a healthy fat that is essential to our health, but it's not just for salads and warm bread. You can use it to nourish your dry and fuzzy hair. I've tried leave-in conditioners and deep conditioning treatments, but they don't seem to work. Here's something I do about twice a month, but you can do it once a week if your hair is really thirsty.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1/4 cup olive oil (you may need more or less depending on how long and thick your hair is)
- plastic grocery bag
Here's what to do:
- Rinse your hair with warm water.
- Pour about 1 tbsp into the palm of your hands, rub them together to warm up the oil, then using your fingertips, gently massage it into your scalp and hair.
- Continue doing this until your hair is covered evenly with the oil, making sure the ends of your hair are treated too.
- Now place the plastic bag over your hair, tying the ends in a knot or securing it closed with a hair clip or clothespin.
- Keep the oil on your hair for at least 30 minutes. Then rinse, shampoo and condition as usual.
That's it. Your hair will look and feel shiny, soft, and smooth. It's especially good if you have thick and curly hair, but it's also great to do in the summer when the sun and saltwater can really dry out your hair. Try it and let me know what you think.
Fit's Tips: If your hair is NOT dry, do not try this treatment - your hair will end up looking really flat and greasy.