One great way to relax on the weekends is to pamper yourself with an at home spa treatment. Since alpha hydroxy is all the rage in skin care these days, why not use your own fruit to tap into the exfoliating powers of fruit acids? As my aesthetician says, "If you wouldn't want to eat it, don't put it on your face" since you can absorb chemicals through your skin.
Here is a natural facial mask featuring the tropical fruit power house: the papaya. The fruit enzymes found in papayas are know to aid and accelerate healing in skin disorders such as acne. In addition, the fruit enzymes gently exfoliate the skin. That is what I call a win/win situation.
What you need:
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- Half-a-cup fresh papaya
- 1 tablespoon honey
To see what you do, just
What you do:
- Purée the fruit in a blender or food processor.
- Add honey and blend until the mixture makes a smooth paste.
- Apply mask to clean skin on your face and neck. Gently steaming your pores open before applying the mask will increase the benefits of it.
- Leave mask on for 15 to 20 minutes. Recline and relax.
- Rinse face and neck with warm water