Here is an easy and healthy recipe for granola. Best of all, this recipe is allergy-friendly and very affordable! You can even change up the ingredients to make it your own!
Learn how to make the granola after the break!
Maple SunButter Granola
Makes 4 cups, 8 1/2-cup servings
Vegan, gluten-free and free of soy, dairy, nuts, eggs
2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
1/4 cup flaxseed or chia seed meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup natural SunButter (or other nut butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup raisins or other dried fruit (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet lightly with oil. In a large bowl, combine the oats, flax meal, salt, coconut flakes, and sunflower seeds, and mix well.
- Place the maple syrup and SunButter in a small microwaveable bowl and warm in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add in the vanilla and mix together thoroughly.
- Pour the maple/SunButter mixture over the oats and stir to combine.
- Spread the granola onto the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden color, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- If you decide to add dried fruit, you can stir this into the granola when it has cooled. This prevents the dried fruit from burning or drying out too much. Enjoy!
Check out my other recipes at The Fit Cookie!
Don't forget to share your own recipes in our Healthy Recipe group; we may feature you on our homepage!