See how to make this almond butter for yourself after the break.
1 C almonds
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 sea salt
Everyone loves spiced almonds . . . why not spiced almond butter? It turns out nut butter is fantastic toasted and spiced. This would also be amazing thinned out with almond milk or other liquid and used as a sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread almonds evenly across a baking sheet and toast in oven for 10-12 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Place almonds into blender, and blend until it turns into a paste. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add spices and continue blending until smooth and . . . butter-like.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Lick bowl. Store butter in the refrigerator.
- Condiments/Sauces, Other
Got a similarly delicious recipe? Head on over to the Healthy Recipe community group and share one of your own.