No matter if you are dieting or maintaining your desired weight, it is good idea to see if you can knock 100 calories from your usual food intake. Cutting calories where you can is an easy way to ensure you are staying on target.
Here are a few suggestions from Web MD:
- Eat two fewer cookies.
- Quench your thirst with sparkling water or a diet soft drink instead of sweetened beverages.
- Leave a few bites of food on your plate.
- Hold the mayonnaise or cheese on your sandwich. Replace it with mustard, lettuce and tomato.
- Switch from whole to fat-free milk.
- Use half your usual amount of salad dressing, and choose vinaigrette instead of creamy dressing.
- Use nonstick cooking spray instead of butter, margarine, or oil for pan-frying.
- Substitute low-fat or fat-free yogurt for sour cream in recipes.
- Control snack portions by putting your snacks in a baggie or on a plate instead of eating out of the bag.
There are more suggestions, so read more
- Drink 100% fruit juice instead of juice with added sugar.
- Choose light beer or wine instead of frozen or fruit-based cocktails.
- Order a cup of broth-based soup instead of a bowl.
- Pass on supersized menu options.
- Hold the croutons on your salad.
- Have a healthy appetizer and salad instead of an entrée when eating out.
- Top your pasta with vegetable sauce instead of cream sauce (and be sure to control portions.)
- Hold the butter on steamed vegetables. Flavor them with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Limit meat portions to 3-4 ounces (about the size of a deck of cards)
These suggestions seem so easy, why not try to incorporate two of these suggestions a day, to decrease your daily caloric load by 200.