Everything is going dreamily. You found the perfect wedding gown for the big day. You've been exercising regularly to make sure it fits just right. The problem is, all that sweating you've been doing makes you break out, and not just on your face — on your back and shoulders too.
For starters, do not stop working out. All that exercise is great for relieving stress, and there are many things you can do to prevent bacne from ruining your special day.
- Always wear clean workout clothes.
- Make sure to wear a sports bra and top that are made of wicking fabric to pull moisture away from your skin. Avoid clothes that don't let your skin breathe.
- Take a shower immediately after exercising to wash off sweat and bacteria.
- When you shower, use Cetaphil or some other antibacterial cleanser on your back since exfoliating helps unclog blocked pores and get rid of dead skin cells. Use either an exfoliating scrub or bath gloves once a week.
- After showering, allow your skin to dry completely and then apply a topical cream that contains either salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide to treat and prevent blemishes. Be careful of bleaching your clothes if you go the benzoyl peroxide route.
- If your problem persists or you have severe body acne, make an appointment with a dermatologist.