The following post was written by Sia Cooper , who blogs at Diary of a Fit Mommy  and is part of POPSUGAR Select Fitness .
To celebrate Earth Month, I am sharing my favorite healthy, green recipe: spinach fettuccine! Not only is it green, but it's also healthy and the perfect way to get your daily serving of veggies. It is also quite decorative and beautiful, and it adds a unique color to any plate! Kids are sure to love this superfun recipe — without knowing that they are eating vegetables!
What you will need:
2 1/2 cups wheat flour
6 oz. freshly steamed spinach
1 tsp. salt
What to do:
- In a food processor, blend spinach leaves with salt and eggs.
- Add the flour in a little at a time until a soft doughy texture forms.
- Next, take the dough out and knead it for five minutes. Use some extra flour for the countertop and for your hands to prevent any sticking.
- Then roll the dough out flat like you are making pizza or pie crust.
- Now cut the dough into noodles or strips. You may make them however wide you would like! I use a pizza cutter for this; it is easy to maneuver and just plain simple to use.
- To allow the noodles to dry before cooking, let them sit on the counter for 45 minutes.
- Finally, you will boil them in water for four to five minutes.
Serve with a filet of salmon or chicken — voilà!