Going from home to work to gym can require a lot of forethought: you need an easy-off work outfit, a whole gym look, and a well-stocked bag to take you from day to night seamlessly. Don't make having an empty gym bag be the reason why you skipped a workout today — read our tips for making your gym bag routine work for you.
- Always pack the night before: You don't want to have to scramble to find a pair of socks when you're already running late in the morning. Make a habit of repacking your bag every night before you go to bed; you'll be grateful the next morning when you have one less thing to deal with. Don't forget to fill your water bottle and keep it in the fridge to grab right before you head out as well.
- Wipes are your best friend: Whether it's wiping off pore-clogging makeup before Zumba or giving yourself a quick refresh when you realize you're late for a meeting, having a stash of face or body wipes will help you get where you need to be in a flash. We like the cooling, affordable Yes to Cucumbers face wipes  ($8).
- And the extras: It always helps to keep a few extra items in your gym bag for those days when you realize you forgot something essential. Hair ties, band-aids, and a few nonperishable snacks are just a few extras that should find a home in your gym bag. Here are some more items to pack .
- Keep it separate: Wet swimsuits, just-used shower shoes, and sweaty workout clothes can breed bacteria. Keep a plastic or resusable wet bag in your gym bag — or designate an entire compartment for these items only — so you can keep damp clothes contained.
- Clean it out: For similar germ-related reasons, make sure you give your gym bag a regular clean out. Take some time every weekend to throw away any old tissues or half-eaten snacks that have made their way into your bag, clean those shower shoes, and wipe down or wash the bag itself in order to prevent germs from festering .