Maxing and relaxing are what vacations are for, but if you spend more time at the all-you-can-eat buffets slurping down rum punch and mai tais like there's no tomorrow, then you'll end up gaining all the weight you worked so hard to lose for this vacation. Here are some ways to cut calories without cutting out any of the fun.
- Take a one-hour bike tour instead of hopping on a bus: 432 calories
- Sip on a margarita on the rocks (153) instead of a rum and Coke (369): 216 calories
- Swim in the pool for 30 minutes instead of relaxing next to it: 297 calories
- Read your racy novel on the hotel's treadmill for 30 minutes instead of sitting on a lounge chair: 122 calories
- Order a three-ounce roasted chicken breast (142) instead of an eight-ounce steak (282): 140 calories
- Go for a casual 45-minute walk along the beach instead of lying on your towel: 149 calories
- Enjoy one glass of red wine (127) instead of splitting the bottle (323): 196 calories
- Snack on sweet potato fries (120) instead of loaded nachos (569): 449 calories
- Split the fried ice cream with your date: 415 calories
All calculations based on a 130-pound woman.