- Come prepared to work: A personal trainer knows that being present with a client during the entire workout is part of the job. Don't make excuses or mentally check out during your workout; you're only sabotaging yourself. Stay connected and committed to your gym routine, and show up ready to sweat.
- Psych yourself up: Half of a good personal trainer's job is to keep you feeling positive and engaged. One of the best gifts you can give yourself is to give yourself the same kudos and energy. Turn on a pump-up playlist before you hit the gym to get your head in the game.
- Stick to the allotted time: There's no cutting corners on time with your trainer. When you show up paying for a session, you want the best workout for your hard-earned dollars. Think about yourself as the investment in this situation. You're only doing yourself a disservice when you leave the gym early or skip the parts of the workout you know you need.
Keep reading for two more helpful tips!
- Kick things up: Don't give into feelings of discomfort. Pushing yourself past your mental and physical roadblocks, and powering through your workout is going to be necessary for success. Consider coming up with a motivational mantra you repeat when things feel rough and uncomfortable. You'll be amazed how much this helps get your mind off discomfort and back into the exercise at hand.
- Keep it fresh: Refuse to fall victim to bad gym habits or the same tired workout routine. Mix things up, and don't let yourself get bored. If you're not sure how to do it on your own, head to a group class for a few pointers, or even easier, bring one of our printable workouts for inspiration!
Source: Corbis Images