If you are addicted to the Trader Joe's Bistro Salad, this recipe is going to be in constant rotation at your house. Kale, edamame, garbanzos, and cranberries combine for a perfectly balanced salad that is better — and cheaper — than the original. Made with good-for-you ingredients, it's full of fiber and protein, making for a meal that keeps you energized and satisfied.
- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced or crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian herb blend
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- For the salad:
- 4 cups finely chopped Tuscan kale, ribs removed
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries, soaked in hot water to hydrate
- 1 cup edamame beans, cooked and cooled
- Fresh mint and basil
- 1/2 cup carrot shreds
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Add all dressing ingredients to a large salad bowl and whisk until combined.
- In the same bowl, add the kale, chickpeas, cranberries and edamame. Mince a handful of mint and a handful of basil leaves and toss them in, along with some carrot shreds.
- Toss salad well to combine and top with cherry tomatoes.
Source: Calorie Count
- Salads, Main Dishes
- 4 servings
- Calories per serving