I know that a lot of us use the prospect of putting on a bikini as motivation to get fit for the summer. Now that summer is coming to an end and the time is getting closer and closer for storing those bathing suits you worked so hard to look hot in. Your motivation may be shrinking as your waistline is growing. After all the food holidays are just around the corner (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas...) so what's the point, right?
Wrong! There are many reasons why you need to keep at staying healthy, but here are a few notables:
- Exercise can help combat SAD (seasonal-affective disorder), which many of us feel as the days get shorter and colder.
- Exercise can also help combat another type of sad: The holiday blues. For whatever reason people get depressed around the holidays. Exercising is known for boosting our moods.
- Keeping at it will make preparing for next year's bikini season that much easier -- Toning up those arms is a lot more realistic than losing 30 pounds.
- If you've ever planned a last minute winter getaway to a tropical location, then you know that your bikini bod prep time is limited. Keeping fit means no sweat (not literally, of course) instead of stressing about it and embarking on dangerous quick fixes.
- Winter sports require stamina. If you've been working out then your body will be a lot more prepped for that first run down the mountain on your snowboard than if you've halted all exercising efforts.
- Exercising is just plain 'ole good for you. Keeping your body healthy ultimately means extending your life and protecting yourself from potential ailments (and diseases) down the line.
I'm sure you all have many more reasons to add for why you should stay motivated to workout even after summer, so share them in the comments section below.