Ahh, I feel relaxed just looking at this picture. If you feel stressed out, depressed, or have a splitting headache, give this a try. Not only will it instill a sense of calmness, but it'll give you a slight release in your lower back and a stretch for your hamstrings. You'll need an uncluttered space at a wall and a bolster, blanket, or pillow.
- Place a folded bolster, blanket, or pillow against a wall.
- Sit down as close as you can to the wall, next to the blanket. Lie down on your back, place your feet on the wall with your knees bent, and scoot your body over so that your bottom and lower back are on the blanket.
- You want to adjust your body so that your bum is touching the wall, and then place your feet straight up, resting your heels on the wall. You can keep your arms by your sides, or by your head (this position will stretch your shoulders).
- Close you eyes and allow your entire body to relax, feeling gravity pulling you down as the wall and blanket support you.
- Hold like this for several minutes or longer. This is a wonderful stretch to hang out in for a while. Once you've had enough, walk your feet down the wall. Roll your body over to one side with your knees bent, and rest your head on the inside of your arm, staying like this in fetal position for a minute or so. Then you can roll up onto your knees and come to stand up.
Source: Megan Wolfe Photography