If you're looking for an alternative to pumpkin pie this holiday season how about switching it up with Pumpkin Flan. User fragiletearez added this yummy recipe for pumpkin flan from Weight Watchers and it looks totally tasty and super easy. For anyone that follows the WW's points system, this little dessert is only 2 points. For anyone that doesn't follow the WW's point system, that is pretty darn good for a dessert!
To see her recipe
* 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
* 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp ground cloves
* 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
* 1/8 tsp table salt
* 16 oz canned pumpkin
* 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
* 1/4 cup orange juice
* 3/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
* 8 Tbsp lite whipped topping
* 1/2 medium orange(s), cut into 8 thin wedges
* Preheat oven to 350°F.
* Stir together sugar, cinnamon, cloves, cayenne and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in pumpkin, milk, orange juice and egg substitute; divide among eight 6-ounce custard cups.
* Set custard cups in a high-rimmed roasting pan and pour boiling water around them to a depth of 1 inch. Bake until firm around edges and slightly puffed, about 45 minutes. Remove cups from water (careful not to burn yourself), cool completely, cover and refrigerate. Before serving, top each cup with a tablespoon of whipped topping and an orange wedge.
If you have your own healthy recipe ideas, be sure to share them in the Lite'n It Up Group.