For the rhubarb puree: in a small saucepan over low heat, cook 1 cup roughly chopped rhubarb with 1 tablespoon sugar, adding more to taste, until rhubarb has released its juices and is soft. Cool slightly, then transfer to a blender, and puree. Refrigerate in an airtight glass container.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus a lemon wedge (for garnish)
- 1/2 ounce rhubarb puree
- In a shaker filled with ice, shake together gin, simple syrup, juice, and puree.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with ice, top with bitters, and garnish with lemon wedge.
More from Self.com:
- A Low-Sugar Lemonade Recipe For Summer 
- Try This Rhubarb Berry Crisp 
- Low-Calorie Cocktails For Your Next Shindig 
Source: 2 Sparrows
- Drinks, Cocktails
- 1 drink
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Calories per serving