Flying during the holidays means the flights are fully booked and you and your fellow passengers are crammed like sardines, packed very close, too close, into tiny seats with no leg room. Here are a few hints to keep your body happy while stuck in your plane seat.
- Straighten your knees often during the flight, sliding your heels on the floor. If you have luggage stowed under the seat in front of you, lengthen your legs as far as you can.
- Circle your ankles multiple times in each direction and do this multiple times during the flight.
- Place your right ankle on your left knee, with right knee out to the side and bend forward at your hips. This is a stretch for your fanny.
- Twist upper body and look at your neighbor and hold for a few seconds, then twist and look at your other neighbor.
- Make your booty "wink" by squeezing one butt cheek, letting it relax, then squeezing the other. This promotes circulation and will hopefully keep you entertained for a bit.
- Interlace your fingers, reach palms toward the ceiling, straighten your arms and STRETCH. Add little bends to each side if you have the room.