Forget cleaning up your fitness act; it's time to get dirty! Leave the pavement behind, and get fit with your girls in a mud run. Not your average race environment, these courses are filled with muddy obstacles to challenge your strength and agility. No need to be embarrassed, either. These races are only for the girls, so those tutus and tiaras can make their appearance outside your costume box. When all is said and done, (we promise) you'll be guaranteed a good laugh and an active adventure with your girlfriends. What more could you ask for?
Mud and Obstacle Runs
- Cost: $65 to $100, depending on location.
- Prize: Memories, live music, and refreshing (adult) beverages.
- Training Groups? Don't be so serious! You can train for it, but ultimately, Dirty Girl is just a great active outing with your friends.
- Locations: With events in almost all states, there's likely to be a run near you! Go here for exact locations.
- Cost: $70
- Prize: A "pretty epic finish-line party."
- Training Groups? Although all fitness levels are encouraged, you can find training groups near each race location.
- Locations: Dallas, Richmond (VA), Sacramento, Atlanta, Chicago, Tampa, Columbus, and Miami.
- Cost: $55 to $75, depending on registration date.
- Prize: A limited-edition t-shirt, Shape magazine, swag bag, custom bib, and donations to local nonprofits.
- Training Groups? Although all fitness levels are encouraged, you can find training groups and partners near each race location.
- Locations: Atlanta, San Diego, Austin, Boulder, Fort Worth, Chicago, Boston, Washington, New York Metro, and Miami.