Removing gluten from your diet can often mean cutting out dessert items, staying away from pasta and bread, and opting to eat in rather than dine out. Unfortunately, celiac disease is on the rise, but the good news is more restaurants are expanding their menus to include gluten-free fare. Here are five nationwide restaurants that offer gluten-free menus. Keep in mind that you should always double check with each restaurant to make sure an item is 100 percent gluten-free before you order.
- PF Chang's: PF Chang's not only offers gluten-free meal options on its regular menu, but it also modifies its dishes to accommodate those with a gluten allergy or with celiac disease. They have gluten-free soy sauce, use gluten-free sauces within their yummy signature dishes like their Moo Goo Gai Pan lunch bowl, and they even sell a gluten-free flourless chocolate dome for dessert. Love that!
Check out the rest of the restaurant list.
- Bugaboo Creek: Although Bugaboo Creek Steak House does not have a gluten-free kitchen, they are very accommodating with those who have a gluten allergy. They offer a gluten-free menu and will make sure to prepare your food in separate containers and on clean food contact surfaces. Not too shabby for a chain steakhouse!
- Biaggi's: Not many Italian restaurants will go out of their way to create a gluten-free menu for gluten-intolerant people like myself. But Biaggi's does, and it's a full menu with all of your pasta favorites — including pizza!
- Bonefish Grill: On each main menu at Bonefish Grill, you'll find gluten-free food items like "Saucy Shrimp" and "Longfin Tilapia" labeled with a big GF. What's more, Bonefish Grill sells gluten-free bread, beer, and cocktails. Amazing.
- The Old Spaghetti Factory: Another Italian winner offering gluten-free food is The Old Spaghetti Factory. This restaurant doesn't offer a ton of options, but you can still order gluten-free pasta, which they cook in a separate pot from the flour pasta.
Source: Flickr User Ian Muttoo