Cooking Light Magazine polled adults who successfully take action day-by-day to improve their health in order to further understand about what motivates us in what we eat, how we exercise and how we view our health.
How do you compare?
- 70 % of American adults drink lower fat milk instead of whole milk
- 59 % eat chicken with the skin removed
- 54 % take vitamins
- 52 % use lower fat alternatives when cooking
- 51 % read nutrition labels on food
- 6 % of Americans adults get 30 minutes of exercise a day
- 22 % exercise three to four times per week
- 19 % walk or bike instead of taking transportation
- 41 % take the stairs whenever possible
- 33 % regularly park their cars farther from their destination to get in extra walking
- 67 % recognize that making small, healthy improvements today add up to big benefits later
- 76 % are satisfied with their mental and emotional well-being
- 45 % are satisfied with their body weight
- 58 % are satisfied with their stress level