The following post was written by Olympic athlete and mom Kerri Walsh, two-time gold medalist in beach volleyball. The mother of two, one being a newborn, shares her essential gear (and then some) for active moms.
- Whisper Ride Buggy: We bought one of these for our son Joey at 10 months. I wish we would have done it so much earlier because it's his all-time favorite. We sassed it up with some cool stickers and now his ride is unique and as cool as can be.
- Patemm Waterproof Changing Pad with storage. These are brilliant! Super cute, very convenient, and perfect for mommies on the go. Machine washable!
- Oakley Frogskin Sunglasses: All moms, and especially new moms, need a little extra help on those mornings that start at the crack of dawn. Tired, puffy, red eyes can be accessorized and covered up with these great sunglasses. They have a classic design, come in various colors, and look good on all face shapes. They have been a staple in my life!
- MD Moms Baby Silk Babysafe Sunscreen Towelettes: These towelettes make the tough task of lubing up your child for a day in the sun so much easier. They are SPF 30 and offer broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Less mess and quicker application.
For more useful mommy gear, keep on reading.
- A monthly massage: Every single mother, whether your work is at home or at an office, needs monthly TLC. If you can't afford to go to a spa, do a swap with your hubby — that's a win-win for everyone!
- Boogie Wipes: Boogie Wipes make the hated kiddie nose wipe much easier on everyone. They come in menthol and unscented. My Joey seems to prefer the menthol — the scent helps open up his nasal passages when he's stuffy. These are great!
- Sleep Sacks: Aden + Anais, the company that makes those adorable and lightweight baby blankets, has come out with sleep sacks in the same material and with the same sweet prints. For Summer babies who need some light coverage at night, these are fantastic.
Be sure to catch up on all of Kerri’s great posts on FitSugar!