It's official — I have Olympic fever, like whoa. I've been getting myself acquainted with the athletes and events, and I'll definitely be glued to the set for Friday's opening ceremony. I'm also following my favorite Team USA competitors on Twitter. As they head to Vancouver this week, it's been beyond cool to hear first-person accounts of their training, diets, and inspiration.
Here are my picks for the Winter Olympians worth the follow on Twitter. Be sure to check their tweets throughout the games for front row action and don't forget to send them your love through the Twitterverse.
- Snowboarder Gretchen Bleiler: @GretchenBleiler, "Heading up the pipe at Buttermilk for the last few days of riding Aspen Snowmass before the Olympics!"
- Alpine skier Lindsey Vonn: @lindseyvonn, "Ahh, training was canceled because it snowed too much last night. Oh well, it's off to the gym instead!"
- Freestyle aerial skier Emily Cook: @emilycoook, "On our way to Vancouver!"
- Alpine skier Julia Mancuso: @JuliaMancuso, "On the airplane headed to Vancouver! Wow, busy, busy! Lots of athletes on my flight!"
- Ice dancer Tanith Belbin: @TanithJLB, "On our way to Brooklyn for final fitting of new costumes. (Faux) fur and gold and ribbons, oh my! Anyone else scared?"
To see what guys I'm following,
- Speed skater Apolo Ohno: @ApoloOhno, "Late night training session — 9 p.m. Tomorrow, I'll be downtown Vancity! Come chill with me! Vancouver is an awesome place. COME HERE!"
- Figure skater Johnny Weir: @JohnnyGWeir, "Loving BioNature's peach nectar for my evening 'comedown.' Curling up in a blanket and passing out slowly. Very happy with my day today."
- Bobsledder Steve Mesler: @SteveMesler, "Just landed in Vancouver. One more time, here we go . . ."
- Snowboarder Louie Vito: @louievito, "Wait, now a yoga class. So bummed I forgot my yoga mat."