Rome wasn't built in a day, but the ancient civilization probably made noticeable progress in a week. If you're looking to slim down in time for a beach trip and only have seven days, follow our week-long bikini slim-down plan.
- Be active every day: There's no need to go overboard with hours-long workouts, but results are made when you're not lounging on the couch. Aim to do something active every day — whether it be a spin class or a long walk with friends — in order to keep your metabolism revved up.
- Go intense: While it's good to keep on the move all day, don't forget to fit in a few intense workouts to maximize your caloric burn and blast belly fat. We like this 45-minute treadmill workout that will get you away from any workout plateaus.
- Write it down: Every calorie counts during your slim-down week, so don't chance it by underestimating what you're actually eating all day long. Keep notes on what you eat every day or make it easier for yourself by logging everything into a calorie-tracking food journal phone app.
- Stick to a low-calorie plan: If you notice that you're eating more calories than you need (or thought), planning out your meals for the next week will help you stay on track. Aim for a healthy, nutritious meal plan based on fresh, clean foods, like this 1,400-calorie meal plan for one day.
- Limit evening carbs: For many, it's not sustainable for long, but cutting carbs at night can be a fast way to feel your slimmest. Cut out the carbs a few nights this week with these three low-carb dinners that still satisfy, whatever you're craving.
Keep reading for the rest of your weeklong bikini slim-down plan!
- Don't drink your calories: You may be shocked by how many calories you're adding to your day in liquid form. Switch your soda — that includes diet! — to water and watch those calories in smoothies, unless you are making them your meal. And save the happy hours for after your trip: a night out can set you back thousands of calories if you're not careful.
- Focus on those muscles: Don't neglect your strength-training routine in favor of fat-blasting cardio. Strong muscles burn major calories even when you're not being active, so schedule two strength-training workouts this week to rev up your body's calorie-burning potential.
- Boost your metabolism: Every little bit helps when you're down to the wire, so make daily choices throughout your day that actually help, not hinder, your body's fat-burning potential. It all plays a part: from making sure you eat breakfast soon after waking to fitting in just three minutes of intense exercise, these 27 little ways will boost your metabolism today.
- Debloat all week: Belly bloat can make you uncomfortable, especially when you're feeling exposed on the beach. We've got 15 ways to get you on your way to that flat belly, like starting the day with hot water and lemon to skipping gum for a week. Here are our tried-and-true ways to banish bloat fast.