Spicy oven-baked sweet potato fries are a delicious, satisfying, and a healthier alternative to the standard deep-fried French fry.
See the recipe after the break!
2 medium size sweet potatoes (about 16 oz total)
1 tbsp oil + drizzle (we use olive or macadamia nut)
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Cover baking sheet with foil (for easy clean up) or skip this step. Drizzle a little olive oil onto baking sheet and wipe with a paper towel to coat evenly.
- We like to coat the baking sheet and add a thin coating of oil on the fries themselves, to ensure that they do not stick (without having to add massive amounts of oil).
- In a small bowl, mix spices together with a fork. Set aside.
- Cut sweet potatoes into ½” x ½” fries. We slice the potato stick in half as well if the potatoes are really long. We also leave the skin on, for nutritional purposes and for the extra crispiness.
- In a large bowl, combine the cut potatoes and oil, and toss with one hand. With your other hand, add the spice mixture a sprinkle at a time, and continue to toss until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet and place on the middle shelf of the oven.
- Bake until edges are crisp and potatoes are cooked through; about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
4 serving = per serving
Fat: 4 g
Carbs: 32 g
Protein: 2 g
- Side Dishes, Potato
Post your own recipes in our Healthy Recipe group, and we may feature yours on our own homepage!