2 pints minus one handful of blueberries
1 Tbsp raw honey
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp arrowroot
3 Tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
1 cup almond flour
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup sliced almonds
5 Medjool dates
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut oil
Learn how to put it all together after the break!
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- First, wash blueberries and extract a handful of blueberries from one of the pints. Shove this handful into pie hole. Add the remaining blueberries, lemon juice, honey arrowroot and ginger to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir gently until the blueberries are covered.
- Pour the blueberry mix into a glass baking dish — I used a pie pan and it worked wonderfully.
- Pit and chop the dates into small pieces.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients to another bowl — the almond flour, coconut flakes, sliced almonds, cinnamon and dates. Stir in the coconut oil — I like to soften it just a little before adding to give it that "crumble" texture.
- Pour the crumble evenly over the blueberries and pop in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes — until the top is browned and the blueberries are bubbling.
- Cool for 15 minutes to let the blueberries congeal a bit, and then serve!