According to the cookbook, this recipe serves six. However, if you're looking to enjoy it on its own for a meal, this recipe will feed four healthy appetites.
- 3 slices bacon, crosscut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium cauliflower head, cut into uniform pieces
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or fat of choice)
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos 
- 1 teaspoon coconut vinegar 
- 1 teaspoon Paleo-friendly fish sauce (I used Red Boat Fish Sauce )
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once it crisps up, about 15 minutes, transfer the crunchy bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon.
- While you're crisping the bacon, toss the cauliflower into a food processor, and pulse until it's the size of rice grains. Pro tip: don't overdo it. We don't want liquid cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs together with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the eggs in the hot bacon drippings, and fry up a thin egg omelet. Remove the omelet from the pan, slice it into ribbons, and set aside.
- Melt the ghee in the same skillet of medium-high heat, and add the onions along with a sprinkle of kosher salt and pepper. Once the onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes, throw in the sliced mushrooms. When the mushrooms are browned, add the grated ginger and stir for 30 seconds to incorporate.
- Add the cauliflower "rice," season with a bit more salt and pepper, and mix the ingredients together. Place a lid on the skillet, turn the heat down to low, and cook for about 5 minutes with the skillet covered. The "rice" is ready when it's tender but not mushy.
- Season with the coconut aminos, coconut vinegar, and fish sauce. Before serving, mix in the scallions, cilantro, omelet sliced, and reserved crispy bacon.
Source: Calorie Count 
- Main Dishes
- 4 servings
- Calories per serving