If your favorite meatballs get their flavor and texture from breadcrumbs, this paleo-friendly and gluten-free recipe will help inspire you in the kitchen. A creative blend of traditional Czech spices and fresh herbs give these nutritious, protein-packed pork meatballs their delicious flavor, while just one egg and a little mustard acts as the binder that holds these balls together. And at less than 250 calories per serving, these meatballs make a simple weeknight supper that even calorie-conscious eaters will enjoy guilt-free. Keep reading for this baked meatball recipe.
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon caraway seeds
1 tablespoon ground paprika
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced (about 1/4 cup)
1 tablespoon grainy mustard
1 large egg
2 pounds ground pork
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, mix the garlic, salt, caraway seeds, paprika, pepper, parsley, mustard, and egg with a fork until combined. With your hands crumble the pork into the bowl and knead until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Moisten your hands with water and shake to remove excess. Measure a level tablespoon of pork and roll into a ball between your palms.
- Line up the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet, about 1/2 inch apart.
- Slide the meatballs into the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Main Dishes